Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Re: Japanese Gaming General

Post by Jack »

Iwazaru wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:52 pm
I also was surprised how "kind and easy" Oda looks and talks in SW5. Especially after noticing how in japanese entertainment Nobunaga is usually demonic tyran.

Remember him being badass in Yotoden / Wrath of Ninja.[
I'm used to Oda looking like me, so it's an ego thing for me lol! SW 1-4's version of Oda & No reminded me of Raul Julia's Adam's Family.

That is one goddamn sexy couple.

Oda is generally viewed as a villain because he was Pro-Western or something. He was very progressive, as in he wanted a complete government reform, and he viewed the Samurai class as a joke. Which is why he promoted some random Black guy to be one of his samurai.

In SW5, they depict the Black Samurai as Oda's most loyal retainer. He stole Mori Ranmaru's role, who isn't even in the game, lol!
Oda was of Samurai nobility, but he viewed the Samurai as a bunch of backwards retards that he could easily gun down, which is what he actually did. He gunned them down, and burned them in fire. This Oda mothafucker was so badass.

SW5 Oda is some animu hero, and No looks like some pretty Japanese/Korean girl now, when I think she's way hotter as a big titty White woman/Eurasian.

Oda is such a compelling bad guy that I don't understand why anyone would want to make him a hero. I mean sure, if they matched him up against Genghis Khan, that'd be an interesting fight since both despotic assholes with god-complexes, lol!
The main bad guy of SW5 is Akechi Mitsuhide which is fucking boring coz that faggot is way more interesting as some conflicted underling of Oda, who eventually betrays Oda & burns him to death in his own castle.
games like Ys 9 or SW5
Is Ys 9 worse than previous Ys? I played demo of it too and felt a bit bored. Only interesting sections were bosses (not even mid-bosses).
I only played the demo. Ys 9 seemed better to me.

The Nut Sack loves it, and I've known about that guy since his Magic Box days in the 90s & 2000s, so I can vouch that his taste is usually good.

I just mentioned Ys 9 & SW5 coz they both came out this month, and represent to me just how much Nintendo outclasses the entire competition. The problem is that I'm on Nintendo. Why would I want to play that, when I can play a Nintendo game? In Skyward Sword, the entirety of the combat revolves around positioning so every single battle feels like it could be my last if I make a bad read. In Ys I'm just hack n slashing, LMAO!
Though i appreciated that combat was responsive and fast, and i joked that Ys9 feels more "action" than most action games today, lol. However i also felt that it was mostly about abusing "last moment evade/parry" for slow-motion time and spamming "abilities" after recharge.
Yeah that's my problem with the combat. That's all there is to it. Ys 8 was the same way. It's basically just a Dynasty Warriors game where the enemies actually fight back. Sure that seems fun, but I'd much rather be playing Xenoblade 2 Torna, where I'm setting up blade combos by stacking up special arts in sequential & elemental order, while at the same time I'm constantly tapping dance dance revolution rhythm based motions that I timed right as normal attack animations connects to an opponent. While I'm stacking combos, I can tag in my partner for an immediate refresh to keep the rhythm going while we're all playing our MOBA roles of tank, support, attack etc.

There's just way more going on in an avg XB2 fight. That something like Ys is just boring as fuck to me, because every single character in Ys has the same exact role, they just attack, lol! Oh wow this loser attacks faster! OOOH this loser attacks slow! OOOh Adol is the master of nothing faggot but the best all rounder!
The only difference is some of them have pierce attacks, others have blunt, etc. Xenoblade also has pierce, break, smash etc., but it has all of these other combat systems on top of that which makes Ys look so damn pedestrian in comparison.
Also "movement" options that seems to be a new thing with IX (wallrunning, gliding in air etc.) felt underwhelming and no use other than in specific map places which hinted what to use like player is stupid.
No you can actually run up walls whenever you want. I liked the level design, it reminded me of Metroid. That's the probolem. I'm on the Nintendo Switch? Why would I want to play some C-tier production when I can play a big budget S-league Nintendo production?

On PS4 or PS5, I would definitely get SW5 & YS9, coz it's not like there's any better alternatives coming out this month.
On Switch, we had Skyward Sword & Monster Hunter Stories 2. I got me SS, I skipped MHS2 since I'm phasing out my rpgs. I just got rid of my last rpgs, Xenoblade 2 & Torna for BOTW.
Xenoblade itself is way better than Ys imo. Xenoblade games actually feel like big budget productions.
I was cringing hardcore at how fucking awful Ys 9's gfx are.
When you're on PS4, you just assume that anime games are supposed to look like that. (Like some kind of missing link between PS1 & Dreamcast, lol)
When you're on Switch, you find out that anime games, look like actual anime being played in realtime like BOTW, the Xenoblade series, etc..

Played Cold Steel 3 demo after ys9 one, and while ToCS made me cringe and i skipped half of narrative scenes, at least it kinda surprised me as having many different mechanics for turn-based jrpg, more than Atlus or SquEnix games usually have (NB: i never played any Trails games, so ive no idea how these series progressed). Even ended up with several game overs until i understood how to deal with certain situation, ha ha.
Wait until you get to Nintendo games. XB2's combat is so complex, that nearly all of its haters have zero idea how to play it. I still got rid of XB2 anyway, since even they just feel B-tier to me, when compared to mainline Nintendo produce. B-tier is better than C-tier though, which is what the 3rd party stuff feels like to me.
Even the metacrtic scores seem to reflect this. Ys9 scored a high 80 on PS4, but it's a low 70 on Switch.
I agree with this coz I was just disgusted during my entire playthrough of the Ys 9 demo, despite how there's nothing really wrong with it. I was disgusted, coz that type of shit used to be acceptable to me, lol.

I actually thought that Samurai Warriors 5 was better, but that game's gameplay is so fucking boring. SW5's enemies don't even fight back, even in hard mode. Weird coz Enemy Ai is aggressive as fuck in Age of Calamity on hard mode & harder. Why the fuck did Koei make a fucking Zelda side-game much more hardcore than one of their mainline Musou games? LOL! SW5 just has way better production values and looks like it had a real budget. Ys 9 looks like some cheap ass indie game for $60, fuck that!

Haven't played PW4 yet actually, just remembered you mentioning it as most polished and well-made musou game out there. Interesting what you say about God Eater. Me - as many, i think - alwats thought about it as "just animoo monhun".
It is. Being compared to MH at all means that you're automatically better than Musou though, LOL!
God Eater itself is fucking boring when compared to MH. Until you understand the combat. When you understand the combat, God Eater feels like some Sega Arcade game, because the general combat flow revolves around you constantly shooting your gun, and then jump/flying in close to devour gods, use their absorbed powers against them, and then you jump out of range to keep on shooting once you've refilled your gun and then you do it over & over again.

It's that constant dance between close-range & gun combat that makes God Eater fun, and far more interesting than any Musou game.

Did I say that PW4 was polished? I wouldn't consider it polished at all, but it is fucking good.
It's a good game despite its stereotypical musou jank.
God Eater is really the most similar game I can think of, because real musou games (even the Nintendo Musous) play nothing like Pirate Warriors 4.
PW4 prolly has more in common with the Attack on Titan game, but I never played it so who knows.

PW4 can legit be played like a Devil May Cry.

Just look at that opening attack. You don't see anything like that in a normal musou game. Looks more like God Eater. Look at his gun combats where he's mixing it up with sword attacks, just like DMC.
None of the other Musous play anything like that.

Finally, someone who knows how to use Robin.

He at least knows how to glide in the air as her, but he's not using her suplex properly. You're supposed to jump in from the sky and dive down.

Compare PW4's gameplay to God Eater, they have a pretty similar dance-like rhythm where you use the enemy as somewhat of a dancing partner. You and the enemy have the same rulesets, In Godeater, the gods are also trying to eat you and become empowered the more times they eat you & your allies alive.

I'm not trying to oversell God Eater, I agree with everything that this negative review said about God Eater.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... ed/899440/
#2: COMBAT IS BRAINLESS - In monster hunter, each weapon has its own flow and rhythm to it, with a variety of attacks that combo into others. Enemies have a relatively precise hit box, and you can dodge around and underneath them to get into better positions. You can target certain parts to help increase your rewards while also weakening the monster. For example, breaking a Rathalos' wings makes it weaker at flying.

In God Eater, there is none of that. Each attack is its own thing, and there is no way to combo between them. You could argue that you can combo between the standard X and Y but this just transitions between the two. Then there's jump attacks and step attacks and that is it. Then of course there is the Devour system and burst mode, which I despise. While in burst mode you get some benefits and Burst Arts. This whole system is cool in theory but ultimately doesn't work out. Nothing else matters other than maintaining your burst so you can spam your strongest attacks, and trying to get the devour attack off leads to you getting hit because the animation takes like 3 seconds, and yes that includes "quick devour". There is little nuance to the system, and as a result it feels really button mashy in between deploying your shield so you don't get 2-shotted by attacks. Speaking of which.
I did initially believe that GE was brainless, but that's coz it plays nothing like MH combat. It uses anime logic, lol. One Piece is all about breaking conqueror's haki, which is your charisma manifested as an attack. God Eater is all about eating gods. Once you learn that you have to constantly take a bite out of gods and constantly dance off with them by moviing back & forth between shooting & melee, is when you start to get addicted to the game coz it starts to feel like a Shmup, where you enter a Zen state by constantly trying to maintain the harmony between you and the bosses that you're killing.

This guy does understand how to play GE, despite that he still think the game sucks, and I do agree with that somewhat. I guess GE3 is a lot like Xenoblade 2 in that the game doesn't finally fully open up to you until after you beat the game. I don't fucking understand why Jap devs keep doing that. Doesn't it make more sense to add the cool shit in, during the actual game! Not after you beat it!
GE3's post game feels like a Nier Automata/Streets of Rage hybrid. Even the music sounds like a Streets of Rage Nier hybrid after you beat it.

GE3's postgame actually continues the story, but now you finally get some decent characters, most of the moves unlocked, and the entire soundtrack is unlocked. For some reason, during the actual game you only hear the same 3 boring ass songs, lol.

I only bring up God Eater, because it has a similar combat flow as Pirate Warrirors 4. It's actually a disservice to Pirate Warriors, that it has to be associated with the rest of that shit ass Warriors/Musou stagnant series that still plays as if we never left the PS2 era, AYY LMAO!
PW4 is way better than God Eater 3 though. I just think they have more in common with each other than with other Musou games.

God Eater unlike Musou, actually has a solid reputation as an action game. It just always lives in the shadows of MH, coz Monster Hunter is just that damn fucking good that it sits in a class of its own, since MH sure beats the shit out of Dark Souls. I even think that Monster Hunter is better than Ninja Gaiden, as much as I hate to admit since NG is a series that I grew up with since I was 4 years old back in the 80s.
Samurai Warriors 5 allows you to customize your moves like PW4, but I only played the trash demo so I have no idea how deep it goes.
Well, i now completed the demo. There were not much "specials" to choose from. One of them for Nobunaga reminded me of Dogma's helm splitter that strikers have. From what i saw, special moves were either attacks (like rain of arrows for No) or buffs/supplementary (speed up, attack up, replenish musou gauge). Do i understand right that in PW4 specials are more unique per character and provide strong difference to gameplay? In SW5 demo they felt more like those skills in ys9. With a difference that in Ys skills have different characteristics like whether they are AoE or not, stun/break infliction chance etc. etc. Or so i thought.
I think the moves actually came from Fire Emblem Three Houses, AYY LMAO! (Koei made that game.)
I recognize Oda's Helm splitter, No's arrow volley, and all of those other moves from Fire Emblem Threee Houses. It's the same fucking animation & they have the same names for the moves. KOEI FUCKING RECYCLES EVERYTHING! EVEN FROM EXCLUSIVE TURNBASED GAMES THAT THEY MADE ON ANOTHER SYSTEM! LOL!

PW4 specials are unique to the character and completely change the way the games plays. Especially Luffy.

You're correct that SW5's skill just function like Ys. It's nowhere near the caliber of the crazy shit that you can spec in PW4.

I forgot to mention what makes PW4 so damn different from the other musou games. Although I most likely already mentioned this at this thread about a year ago. PW4's movesets are as huge as a 3d fighter.
Nearly every character has 15 different combo strings, bare minimum which is way more than what most Smash Bros characters get.

That's another knock on SW5. SW5 doesn't have any unique weapons. Every single character just shares generic weapons, so the only unique attacks they have are their musous, lol! Even the skills are shared!
Unlike in PW4 where even their skills are unique.

It looks like, if I want to play as Nobunaga, I'll have to play as him in One Piece instead since SW4 has some faggot imposter lol.

Look at that shit, he's floating in the air like Devil May Cry with his giant ass sword.

Despite all that, I'd rather be playing Nintendo, lol! PW4 is good, I think it's borderline B tier. GE3 is somewhere between C+,B- or B. I really can't tell. Xenoblade series is a solid B borderline A -, but falls short when compared to real legacy Nintendo games. Even being A- is not good enough for me anymore so I finally got rid of all of my Xeno games! for Zelda. The hilarious part, my money came in the day after so I didn't need to trade in XB2 & Torna, but whatever. I wanted to get rid of my rpgs anyway since everything I liked about Xenoblade 2's combat, Monster Hunter does WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY BETTTTTER! One Piece is lucky that it's a S tier Manga. So Op will always have lee way with me.
I really wish there was a OP that played like Zelda. OP is about adventure. Musou makes sense though, only coz OP's story arcs usually end with an all out war.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

TGS is here! Time to see if there is anything decent amongst all this mediocrity.
Spoiler

Eh. This looks kind of strategy ish, but bland otherwise.
Spoiler

"An Italy you've never seen." Well I've never been there, so that would be Italy. Looks pretentious so far, though
Spoiler

Wow...I didn't even know this existed. Its apparently been out for years. I thought I was up to date on everything Tales of.
Spoiler
Spoiler
At least its not gacha like Tales of Crestoria.
Spoiler

The Xbox presentation was just sad to watch. It was mostly a bunch of American garbage that's already been long announced. Was interesting to see Shinji Mikami with a beard, though.
Spoiler

Now this one....I was under the impression that Eiyuuden Chronicles was going to be a proper Suikoden game. turn based RPG style. That's how the original videos presented it. Now its a 2D side scroller action rpg... My hype is fading.
Spoiler
Last edited by Krizzx on Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Blegh. Why does modern Final Fantasy shit feel so souless?
Spoiler
And because FF7 hasn't been butchered and inundated with bland mediocrity enough already. Lets further insert storylines that take away from the original.
Spoiler

Gacha of mana. They just milk it all.
Spoiler

Now for some games that have actually caught my interest. :)

Last edited by Krizzx on Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

I know Earth Defense Force is suppose to be a budget title, but these graphics in this gen...
Spoiler

But FINALLY! A new Atelier game. Its a sequel to Sophie which makes it the 4th game in that series. I don't know if I like the design though. It looks like they lolified her like they did to Rorono. She wasn't a cutesy type protagonist before. She looked and acted more mature.
Spoiler

This reminds me that we never actually got Dragon Quest X in the U.S. Offline looks like it would be more up my alley, though.
Spoiler
Wow! I have passed this trailer up so many fucking times. I've never given Gungrave a second thought since I bought the first one on the PS2. It wasn't bad but, it wasn't compelling. Just anime shooting. Then I heard that the chick who left Tango(the one who was behind Ghostwire) is behind this. This is what she left Tango to do. It actually looks awesome. They've gone for a more realistic look instead of pure anime this time as well. I have to have skipped this trailer over a least 20 times when going through TGS stuff until now. This actually looks better than most of the shit TGS has showcased this year.
Spoiler
Its apparently used to look way more anime.
Spoiler

Oh, and some new Kunio Kun shit. I didn't know Ark Systems had the Kunio-Kun license now. It could definitely be in worse hands. River City Girls looks like some American made, femprotag proggsive rubish, but I suppose at long as it plays well.

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

I never knew they had announced a new Metal Slug. I hope they don't find a way to fuck it up.

Cat
Bombhead Smile

Post by Cat »

I hope you posted that in the wrong thread.

Edit: Yes. Thank God.
Wikipedia wrote:TiMi Studio Group, a subsidiary of Tencent Games, is a video game development studio group headquartered in Shenzhen, China and offices in Singapore, Montréal, Seattle, Los Angeles, Chengdu, and Shanghai.
"Don't be crazy.
I would never go near such a poisonous flower.
She is carnivorous. She disgusts me"
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

Been playing Sakura Wars 1 (translated, og hardware, satiator fueled)
wholesome /imgay
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Pics or never happened!

/obj
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

sent through rpivate i mean private (topdrunkee come back mf)
:oops: private messaging my gaming setup it feels so :oops:
personal and :oops: /imgay
/micdrop
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Is Sonic dead?

wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)