Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

CENSORED
BANNED

Re: Japanese Gaming General

Post by CENSORED »

It depends on the weapon. I use Axes & Nodachi, which naturally can kill nearly everything in 5 hits or less, most normal enemies get their heads & arms chopped off after one hit.
I use Dual Katana as my secondary, but only for the crowd control moves and the dash attack. I just shoot everything else with my gun.

You also need to learn boss patterns. If you're some Toothpick user like I think you are, then the only way to do consistent dmg with a pansy ass katana is to parry & counter attack.
that's what I said though. Some enemies come off (as in they appear to be, in videos) as damage sponges because the player is not optimizing their damage output lol. I was basically saying the same things you've been saying with different words. Most youtube videos don't actually give you the correct impression on any game, because youtubers suck dick at videogames.
"GITGUD!" How much you wanna bet that it was the PC Masturbates fags who started the whole GITGUD! meme.
They probably perpetrated it but I am positive it started before dark souls even released.
Demon's souls was talked about as a super hard game, because it was legitimately hard to figure out. The entire gameplay system was very nebolous on release, which is why the hints system existed; a boss wouldn't even die unless you went to a side area first killing a socrerer that was keeping her alive.
Each area was a puzzle you were meant to solve, the combat being the tool you used to interact with enemies and obstacles rather than the focus of the game itself.
Using your brain and figuring things out was a lot more important than reflexes, hence why the combat was so basic. Only a few bosses were tests of reflexes, most of them required you to think your way around them. (One of the bosses even kills herself if you kill her knight/lover before her lol.)

When Namco-Bandai commissioned from software to make the dark souls games, they used the "GIT GUD!" "HARDEST GAME EVER" shit for their advertisement campaign lol.

The puzzle elements from Demon's Souls were almost entirely gone from dark souls , most of the game is straight up combat where the greatest cause of death is falling down pitfalls. (Demon's souls barely had any pitfalls except in the valley of defilement. Most dark souls levels have them lol.)
I think the difficulty is way overblown in both games, but demon's souls was the more interesting experience for me. I liked dark souls back when it came out but I can never bring myself to replay it nowadays.
I like bloodborne because I think it's their more successful attempt at making this sort of light rpg, simple action game. (I played through bloodborne four or five times, most recently a couple of months ago.) I also think the souls style storytelling works better in bloodborne than it ever did in dark souls.

WHat's so special about dark souls' story? I honestly don't get it. It's just a zombie apocalypse in medieval times. Sure you can piece together the origin of enemy mobs and the world's internal logic by going through item descriptions and what not but what's so special about that? Knowing where the balder knights are or what oolacile was studying in terms of socery adds nothing to the story. Meanwhile the whole lovecraft fall of society theme in bloodborne actually makes it relevant to know what was going on with the church, the school of mensis or the university of byrgenwerth because they're active players in the story that is unfolding in the game in real time. There is no real story unfolding in the dark souls games and I get that's by design, because you're basically exploring the remnants of a world that is already dead, what I don't get is why there's so many terabytes of youtube videos explaining dark souls' story, with people having dedicated their lives putting together every little scrap of evidence to connect a story that is overall about nothing lol. During Bloodborne there's several different factions all trying to achieve ascension at the same time. Each aligned with different great ones, and you are recruited by one at the beginning of the game (the hunters of the dream) so you are directly involved in the conflict from the first moment.
By the time dark souls starts, every conflict is already over. You're just being strung along by the serpents into killing the remnants of the old age, and to decide wether it should end with the flame being lit again, or if it should end with darkness taking over. Everyone except the player character is a passive actor that just sits around doing nothing until the MC goes to kill them lol. (There's other adventurers that come and go but they're not really involved with the main plot.)
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

that's what I said though. Some enemies come off (as in they appear to be, in videos) as damage sponges because the player is not optimizing their damage output lol. I was basically saying the same things you've been saying with different words. Most youtube videos don't actually give you the correct impression on any game, because youtubers suck dick at videogames.
You made it sound way too overly reliant on builds. I never played Nioh 2 coz I'm a Switch loser (Switch games suck! They ain't got no Tactical shooters, and no real wrestling games!) but I'm damn certain that he could've squash that fucker with just a few well-time parries, like in that vid I posted of the Japanese guy playing as a naked man, lol. He wasn't using some overly elaborate build. That was the point of his playthrough. He was playing naked, but still kicking the shit out of everything coz NIOH actually has a good fighting engine unlike Dark Souls.
They're the same motherfuckers who make Dead or Alive after all. DOA (including 5 & 6) actually is a good fighting game, it's just hated now, coz American gamers seem to be gay & tranny now, so they hate on every game that's overly heterosexual.

Rpg builds just tilt the scale towards a specific playstyle. The only thing special about that Conan build I posted is that it gave him more stamina than usual so that he can SPIN2WIN long enough to kill everything in the game with just that one move.

However, you even see him one-shotting bosses (it happens a few minutes in, he legit 1shots endgame bosses, lol!) due to his weapon, not the build.
That weapon wouldn't exist without the Diablo loot & crafting. Nioh is like the one game where crafting & epic loot actually matters.

The build just gives him more stamina & stun. The stun came from his spirit guardian. If your build is too weak, your hits won't even hurt the enemy and they'll tank through it and kill you during your attack animation. His build makes it, so that Hitstun activates before they attack, which is why they just sit there as he spin2wins.

I don't even think that build works in the DLC. I recall that I had to drop Axe for Nodachi, coz Spin2Win just gets parried against (MARIA IS LIKE FUCK YOU, THAT GAYNESS DON'T WORK ON ME! AND SHE JUST STABS YOU IN THE ASS WHILE YOU'RE SPINNING LIKE A RETARD.) & it leaves you wide open against the other crowds of huge monsters, who thankfully wait for you to get into range coz it has same exact stupid ass ai as Dark Souls games.

LOL modern Musou games have way more aggressive AI than Dark Souls, or at least Pirate Warriors 4 does.
It's weird how shitty Fire Emblem Warriors is, when compared to Pirate Warriors 4, they don't even feel like the same genre or series.
I'd compare PW4's insanity to Smash Bros, but as a beat em up. FEW is a legit Dmg sponge game and it's boring as fuck against bosses. FEW is kinda fun though when it taps into the strategy elements, until you get to a fucking boss who takes for fucking ever to die, even when attacked with Awakening.

The puzzle elements from Demon's Souls were almost entirely gone from dark souls , most of the game is straight up combat where the greatest cause of death is falling down pitfalls. (Demon's souls barely had any pitfalls except in the valley of defilement. Most dark souls levels have them lol.)
That describes me experience lol. Even the bosses that killed me, only did so coz they created pitfalls during the battle, lol. I bought DS1 like 20 times (Sony & Xbox games are cheap as fuck.) and being fucking disgusted by it, it wasn't until I finally sat down and played it with online through PS3 that I finally got into it, but I was into it for the PVP. I'm one of those assholes who just murder the retards who bow to you before a fight.

I've had scary duels in DS1 where people would actually message me during the battle and it would last an hour of the two of us sniping at each other, and sneaking up & hiding from each other until one of us died.
I'd then get a message about how I almost killed them, all I needed to do was one more slash and they'd be dead.
I was like, I fucking ran out of stamina, lol!

I also really loved fighting against ganksquads, coz it felt like Rambo 1, where I had to rely on stealth, sneak up on fuckers & 1shot kill them with a backstab and then when I'm finally surrounded, I start nuking everyone with Pyro.
That's what made Dark Souls fun for me, but only DS1 was like that. If you still want to play games like that, you have to play Fortnite which fuckng sucks imo coz I hate the building, it has the worst gunplay ever & everyone kills me in 1 second coz Fortnite is filled with autoaim bot cheaters.

Rainbow 6 & Rogue Company do fulfil the same itch for me that Dark Souls 1 once did, but it's much smaller scaled.
In Rainbow 6 Siege, you can kill people by shooting the roof, and have it fall on your opponents, lol.
In Rogue Company, I used Anvile & I placed a barricade in between a cliff that's close to where the enemy spawn point was, and I got 3 free kills coz they just fell off of the stage, AYY LMAO!
Nothing is more satisfying than steathily walking behind someone and then gunning them down at point blank range, but you don't kill them. You let them crawl around dying, yelling for help. All the while, muh dude is just tea bagging their (Ronin & Dahlia, the two hottest girls that everyone picks, lol!) face as they lay dying, waiting for reinforcements to come and then I kill gun down the reinforcements too. Right after that, I shot the first slut in the face with a pistol and I teabag the reinforcements, then I throw a landmine and run off & press the button, killing them all in one blast, LOL!

Online gaming is like the last refuge left where we can be manly as fuck and exert our dominance. Since you can't even act like a dominant masculine asshole in real life sports anymore. It's considered as 'homophobic'. Whatever that means.
Dark Souls 1 had insanity that was exactly like a tactical shooter, but with Medieval fairy tale magic gay shit instead of guns & bombs.
WHat's so special about dark souls' story? I honestly don't get it. It's just a zombie apocalypse in medieval times. Sure you can piece together the origin of enemy mobs and the world's internal logic by going through item descriptions and what not but what's so special about that? Knowing where the balder knights are or what oolacile was studying in terms of socery adds nothing to the story. Meanwhile the whole lovecraft fall of society theme in bloodborne actually makes it relevant to know what was going on with the church, the school of mensis or the university of byrgenwerth because they're active players in the story that is unfolding in the game in real time.
Bloodborne is actually fairly accurate to Lovecraft lore coz it revolves around tainted blood. The Blood of the Beast is just the video game version of Lovecraft's race mixing, AYY LMAO! (All of his cities depicted mutants which were the cause of race mixers & incest. Which is kinda weird to me, coz race mixing is the exact opposite of incest, but Lovecraft gonna be Lovecraft.)
It makes me laugh how so few gaming reviewers don't even fucking notice that, but I was already damn sure that none of them have ever read lovecraft anyway. That's what my earlier rant was about, how the only people in the whole motherfucker world who seem to genuinely understand Lovecraft's writing, happen to be Japs, lol!
They're the only ones who don't focus on "OOOOH LOOK GIANT SQUID, SO SCARY! WOT A MEME!"

Lovecraftian lore was basically just perverse reverse Christianity anyway. The God of the Bible was also incomprehensible, to the point that the simple act of gazing upon Christfag God's face, would literally explode the heads of the average human, because God goes way beyond human comprehension. That's all the Lovecraft Kaiju monsters ever were, it was just a depiction of God, but without the Divine heavenly overcoat. The bible without the divine thematics, is actually extremely fucking violent & barbaric.

This is why I get so fucking mad at American Christians, coz not a single one of them seem to understand that one can't know god, or have conversations with god, and I'm still fucking disappointed that Rake was one of those retards, lol! He called me a Libertarian coz I allegedly criticize Christianity the same way they do. (Never mind that Tim Pool is actually a Catholic Liberal.) I just happen to understand more about their own shit doctrine than they do. Bringing up Animal sacrifices is supposedly Libertarian when that's actually in the fucking bible for fuck's sake, AYY LMAO!
An ant will never be able to comprehend what a human is, coz we're so above it as a living being.
By the time dark souls starts, every conflict is already over. You're just being strung along by the serpents into killing the remnants of the old age, and to decide wether it should end with the flame being lit again, or if it should end with darkness taking over. Everyone except the player character is a passive actor that just sits around doing nothing until the MC goes to kill them lol. (There's other adventurers that come and go but they're not really involved with the main plot.)
LOL that was my problem with BOTW. What the fuck is the point of that game's story when it's already over and you're basically playing an epilogue? You hear about all of this badass shit that happened before BOTW, and I'm like, why can't I just play that game instead? That's prob why Age of Calamity has so much hype over it, coz it is the story that was hinted at in BoTW.
I even see crazy BOTW fans say that it has BOTW gameplay, I'm like no, that's clearly Dynasty Warriors style you Nintendo-pleb. I have a running theory that Nintendo-plebs play nothing outside of the Nintendo umbrella so that games that were common to those of us on Gaystation, look magical & special when presented to a Nintendo lad for the very first time. I have hopes that it's like Pirate Warriors 4 though coz that's legit my 2nd fave game on the Switch.
It actually looks more like Fire Emblem Warriors though but with some rudimentary elements of PW4's battle system.

You said you like Onee Chaos, will Pirate Warriors 4 is that same game but on steroids, it even has the Onee style transfromations. I nomally just compare it to Bloody Roar though coz it sounds more badass to transform into a huge T-Rex than to just transform into an even more naked girl like in Onee, lol!

They probably perpetrated it but I am positive it started before dark souls even released.
Demon's souls was talked about as a super hard game, because it was legitimately hard to figure out. The entire gameplay system was very nebolous on release, which is why the hints system existed; a boss wouldn't even die unless you went to a side area first killing a socrerer that was keeping her alive.

When Namco-Bandai commissioned from software to make the dark souls games, they used the "GIT GUD!" "HARDEST GAME EVER" shit for their advertisement campaign lol.
I recall most Demon's Souls fags loving it for the RPG & Adventure elements like what Krizz was talking about. They did like the fighting, but it didn't have that 'tryhard' aura about it as if it were a Ninja Gaiden game until Dark Souls was released on PC, with the "PREPARE TO DIE!" subtitle.
Damn that shit was fucking annoying. Even to this day, I still see a lot of people bringing up Ninja Gaiden as a direct counter argument to Dark Souls, but they're fucking retards who are talking about the NES games, LOL!
As if the NES games were anything like Dark Souls. Ninja Gaiden 1 Xbox actually is very similar to Dark Souls and even has the Zelda style overworld, except it's insanely fast & relex-heavy.

If he fucked up at least once, she would've 1hit killed him with a suplex drop. Games back in the day were extreemely tense. (They still are but only stuff like Rainbow 6/Rogue Company which is a completely different type of game.)
That vid illustrates why Dark Souls is fucking shit. Too bad Nioh is the only thing that's close to a successor to Ninja Gaiden. (The Hayabusa clan & Muramasa even appear in Nioh 1, as if to pass the torch to the inferior gaem, LOL!)
The problem is that modern gamers would actually hate Ninja Gaiden because you can't just level grind through the game unlike with Dark Souls & Nioh.

It's kinda what I was talking about when I make fun of idiots who laughed at me coz I claimed that the Gears of War series is good. Yeah sure it probably is a boring ass cover shooter, if you're a fucking pussy and actually hide behind cover & use the peashooter machinegun to kill things. Most people who play Gears games don't use cover at all, & only use it for the wall jump as they shotgun fools in the face in between the wall jumps.
It's as stupid as not using the Shotgun in Doom when the only other gun you should be switching to is the rocket launcher against monsters that can't be killed in 2 shots with the double barrel. Machineguns are only there for crowd control against hordes of flying skulls & peons, but the noobs always the fucking machinegun and then cry about how these games suck coz it takes too long to kill the bigger enemies. OMG, I wonder why! LOL!

That's the problem with gaming today, outside of online multiplayer games (which includes Fighting games), every single other genre relies way too much on rpg systems as a crutch coz the avg gamer is so shit, that they need to be babied through the game.

Kinda reminds me of how Redrum seems to have an irrational hatred for Iga, though you can't really blame him coz he's from an era where every game was skill based & required you to try over & over again until you get good, but the Igavania style took over, which have always been plagued with RPG style "NO balance", at all. Just level grind until you win.
I find it ironic that Dark Souls is the modern version of "GitGud" when the game is already in slow-mo and it's also lvl grind until you win, LOL!
Sure you can beat it without lvl grinding. I've done it several times, but it's not exactly an accomplishment coz Souls is not even hard.

I think the only hard fight out of all of the SoulsBorne games was the Final Boss from Bloodborne (or the penultimate boss since the true final boss is a joke, lol.), who actually killed me over 10 times on the first playghrough, but even he's easy as fuck once you realize that you're supposed to think of him as a PVP opponent and use fighting game logic against him. In his case, he goes down fast if you just bait him into poking range & then do it over & over until he's dead.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
HOUSELANDER
Spiral Smile

Post by HOUSELANDER »

Jack wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 pm
It makes me laugh how so few gaming reviewers don't even fucking notice that, but I was already damn sure that none of them have ever read lovecraft anyway. That's what my earlier rant was about, how the only people in the whole motherfucker world who seem to genuinely understand Lovecraft's writing, happen to be Japs, lol!
They're the only ones who don't focus on "OOOOH LOOK GIANT SQUID, SO SCARY! WOT A MEME!"
i agree,i mean when i read some Lovecraft short stories when the protagonist describe what he looks doesn't mean it its what is like,for my understanding it is no way we can comprehend the thing we see but its the only way to describe it but doesn't mean it looks like it thats why i think it makes sense why the protagonist of shadow over insmouth faint after he sees the Deep Ones.when i look up the painting that the fan of lovecraft make it about the Deep its not that scary it literally fish people plus,if we meet a tiger or any beast in a jungle i don't think that is enough to make us faint it just triggered our survival instinct to run away or climbing a tree.thats is my impression when i looking at the Deep ones fan art

The God of the Bible was also incomprehensible, to the point that the simple act of gazing upon Christfag God's face, would literally explode the heads of the average human, because God goes way beyond human comprehension. That's all the Lovecraft Kaiju monsters ever were, it was just a depiction of God, but without the Divine heavenly overcoat. The bible without the divine thematics, is actually extremely fucking violent & barbaric.
interesting, in my religion God is Exist Without Place & times because times & space is part of God's creation,my religion against any form of worshiping idolatry because God is different from the creation to the point everything come across your mind that is not God because your mind is still part of God's creation.

A lot of games look like shit when Noobs play them. It doesn't mean the game is shit. It means the player is shit.
Nioh is a popular game, Nioh 1 sold over 3 million copies on PS4 if you combine the sales with the complete edition and it outsold Tekken 7, Nier Automata, Bloodborne & DARK SOULS 1-3 on PS4.
yeah,shame the one who show good gameplay somehow underrated,i believe because they don't talk behind their game or have a facecam & show the audience their fun personality.they just simple i upload or stream their gameplay
HOUSELANDER
Spiral Smile

Post by HOUSELANDER »

what the? why my reply look like that?
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

You didn't close your quote brackets.

I decided to post this near the top, when it was in the middle of my explanation of what Lovecraft is.
Just so people can understand what the fuck I'm referring to when I say that most Lovecraft games that aren't made by Japanese people, fucking suck.
____
I think Western Lovecraft inspired games such as Call of Cthulhu & The Sinking City, all completely miss the mark on what Lovecraft is about, since fucking nothing happens in those games and the ending is just Cthulhu waking up, and society destroying itself right after. That's what I'm disgusted with. They portray Fish-people in these games, simply coz that's what was described in Lovecraft's short stories. They don't ever go into why they look like that, you're just expected to roll with it, coz "it's weird mang!"

What most of these Western Lovecraft games don't fucking do, is emulate the horror of how unusual they appear when contrasted with a seemingly otherwise normal looking town. The plot twist is supposed to be that the main character is the outsider, the weird one who is trying to comprehend foreign culture through his own cultural-perspective.

A real Lovecraft inspired work would instead portray a city that appears normal at first, but then strips away layers & layers of normality until it eventually reveals, the town itself, to be a monster. That's exactly what Bloodborne did, it's what the Siren games do, it's what Silent Hill used to do, it's what even motherfucking Resident Evil 4 did.

_____

This is why I'm so fucking disgusted by videogame writing for the most part. It's all so surface-level to the point that One Piece, a piece of fiction meant for 9th graders has far more depth & complexity than every single video game.
Maruyama, & Matsuno games have some traces of OP style writing though, coz I think they're all inspired by the same ancient Chinese story. Yes even Fire Emblem Three Houses written by a female author (who's name I forget coz she only wrote two games.) is obviously influenced by that same fucking story.
HOUSELANDER wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:38 pm
Jack wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:02 pm
i agree,i mean when i read some Lovecraft short stories when the protagonist describe what he looks doesn't mean it its what is like,for my understanding it is no way we can comprehend the thing we see but its the only way to describe it but doesn't mean it looks like it thats why i think it makes sense why the protagonist of shadow over insmouth faint after he sees the Deep Ones.when i look up the painting that the fan of lovecraft make it about the Deep its not that scary it literally fish people plus,if we meet a tiger or any beast in a jungle i don't think that is enough to make us faint it just triggered our survival instinct to run away or climbing a tree.thats is my impression when i looking at the Deep ones fan art
That's not what I'm saying at all. You're saying that true fear is best generated through the imagination which is just side stepping what Lovecraft was really about. He created fear, paranoia & dread through the threat of cultural decline. Those fish people are a result of miscegenation. The horror of Dunwich was actually a mutant child born through incest. Innsmouth, Dunwich, etc. are all culturally degraded cities due to incest & race mixing, or as he would say, miscegenation. Which actually was a crime up until 1969. My bloodline has always been mix-raced since at least the 1500s though, but we ain't from America lol. We don't look like mutants either, we look extremely attractive, lol.

I find Americans' interpretation of ethnicity to be just as laughable as their interpretation of biological sex & gender. It's as though Americans don't read at all, I mean outside of stupid twitter posts, since that's the mental capacity of the average American, they can only read 'books' that are 140 letters long
, AYYY LMAO!

I was trying to look for a blog or site that could explain it better than I could, but you can't find shit any more. Every single search result I found was just denouncing Lovecraft's 'racism' lol!
I'm like, you fuckers are idiots. His racism is what made the stories so damn scary. He had a truly profound fear of non-White cultures and those who parlayed with Non-Whites, which is how he was able to pen such dreadfully isolated perspectives within his own writing.

Who fucking cares where Lovecraft's fear came from, when the horror he wrote about was genuine? His short stories still fascinate us to this day, precisely due to how fucking disgusted he was towards non-whites.
Lovecraft at least had the intelligence to mask his writing through metaphor, & psychological horror.

I haven't seen a single good Horror movie since 2016, The Void, because damn near every horror movie after 2016 is just a thinly veiled metaphor about the fear of White people.
The problem is, they literally show White people and I'm like, I don't give a fuck about White people. Why would I be scared of the average John or Jane when they'd be more scared of me, just based off of how I look?
This isn't racism coz even my own people are afraid of me due to how I look, and I'm a very handsome guy, but I look like a full blown yakuza gangster.

The problem with modern horrors' racism towards Whites, is that they don't bother to create a sense of dread & isolation from the paranoia of White people. What modern movies do is portray all Non-Whites as sane people, and Whites as insane closet White Supremacist KKK who all smile to you face, but then hack you to death with an axe or shoot you in the face with a gun. It looks more like race-baiting to me.
They portray Whites as a creature feature. This is why it's not as effective as Lovecraft's racism.

Lovecraft never featured Non-Whites as a creature feature. He actually portrays Non-Whites such as Abdul Alhazred as extremely intelligent
, AYY LMAO! Lovecraft's fear was that he viewed their culture as incompatible with his own, and how he saw foreign cultures slowly taking over & degrading his own culture. He's not wrong, just look at modern day USA, which has been completely replaced with a Corporate-approved culture of consumerism, where we base our lives, sexuality, spirituality & politics, off of the products that we have consumed. Hence why Super Hero movies are the modern eras' "God", and Trannies are the modern era's priests.
Anything that isn't approved by big corporations gets labeled as "Nazi", which is actually what Xed is talking about in that "The Boys" thread. I never seen season 2, & I don't plan to. I have way too much One Piece to catch up on, which is way better than any American tv, AYY LMAO!

In any case, this goes beside the point that Lovecraft actually became less racist with his later stories such as with "At the Mountains of Madness", which is actually from the perspective of the Aliens defending their land from the invading White Archaeologists, lol. The older that Lovecraft became, the more that he started to identify with the alien species' he created which were inspired by his fear of Non-White cultures.
The amusing part is that "At the Mountains of Madness" was a flop, so who's the real racist? I don't think it was Lovecraft. He's just a product of his time. He merely wrote what his audience wanted, because that's how he gets paid. He died a destitute.
Which is why he had to go back to his previous writing style, which is currently being villifed in Le Current Year.

TLDR: Japanese people understand Lovecraft more than most people, because Lovecraft-influenced stories that are penned by Japs, focus more on strange or decadent civilizations that have been influenced by foreign cultures. (Foreign culture could be culture from actual Outer Space Aliens.)
The best example is Bloodborne. Blood of the Beast.
"We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open...
Fear the old blood."
So many of Bloodborne's fans are fucking retards who think that Blood of the Beast is just some nonsensical bullshit that sounds badass when it's actually referring to cultural degradation through the consumption of the Beast's blood. Who or what is the Beast? Why does no Bloodborne fan ever fucking ask that? It's left up for interpretation, but when you use Lovecraft's writing as the context, blood refers to the mixing of cultures which is what undoes the society that was depicted in Bloodborne.
Resident Evil 4 does a much better job of referencing Lovecraft than most people do, but I'll stop there since it's supposed to be a TLDR & I've already explained it at the other forum.
The God of the Bible was also incomprehensible, to the point that the simple act of gazing upon Christfag God's face, would literally explode the heads of the average human, because God goes way beyond human comprehension. That's all the Lovecraft Kaiju monsters ever were, it was just a depiction of God, but without the Divine heavenly overcoat. The bible without the divine thematics, is actually extremely fucking violent & barbaric.
interesting, in my religion God is Exist Without Place & times because times & space is part of God's creation,my religion against any form of worshiping idolatry because God is different from the creation to the point everything come across your mind that is not God because your mind is still part of God's creation.

All Abrahamic religions worship the same god. Nearly everything you hear is just rhetoric, created by humans to control other humans through the fear of God. God should be feared, which is why I don't worship, or even truly believe it. I just view it as an entity that doesn't matter coz even if it did exist, who cares?
It doesn't change your life in the slightest.

My whole deal is, I don't trust anyone who tells me with a straight face that they have conversations with God every day. That just tells me they're part of a cult. Can an Ant comprehend a human, no because we exist on a completely different dimensional plane than they do. We can't communicate with an Ant coz to do so would destroy the ant. W
hy then, would we believe that we can comprehend god, that's supposedly a superior being, if he's supposed to look & act exactly like us?
I tell you why, coz it's all a fucking lie created by Churchs & Institutions exerting control over people through the fear of god.

It's what modern day American Politics is. It's just one big religion of dogmatic faggots, all calling the other side heretics. Left or Right, they're all morons who don't even understand what politics is. I always see americans tell me that Race & Gender is political. I'm like no it's not motherfucker. Politics is the acquisition of resources to accumulate power. Race & Gender is merely a political diversionary strategy to keep the lower class people, fighting against other lower class retards as the Cultural Elites laugh & grow fat off of the money they're making out of the low-class retards.
A lot of games look like shit when Noobs play them. It doesn't mean the game is shit. It means the player is shit.
Nioh is a popular game, Nioh 1 sold over 3 million copies on PS4 if you combine the sales with the complete edition and it outsold Tekken 7, Nier Automata, Bloodborne & DARK SOULS 1-3 on PS4.
yeah,shame the one who show good gameplay somehow underrated,i believe because they don't talk behind their game or have a facecam & show the audience their fun personality.they just simple i upload or stream their gameplay
I just think it's inane to judge Nioh based off of a TGS video, when it doesn't demonstrate the game's combat flow at all. Nor should it. If you were to show how Nioh is actually played, it'd prob get misinterpreted as a brainless button masher since you actually can run around & 1-hit kill everything, but it's much harder than it looks coz you have to use positioning, & counter attacks to pull of the one-hit kills. WHen experts do it, it looks so skillful to the point of mindlessless, coz the average person isn't going to compute that the player is paying attention to positioning at all times, and is changing is combat stance accordingly.

The fact that most people don't even seem to understand that Nioh relies on multiple combat stances based off of enemy formations & types, shows to me that most people don't understand its combat just from watching a vid. They seem to think that the combat stances are part of a combo, as a stylistic touch, rather than as actual gameplay. Most people are too used to power fantasies like Call of Duty or Dynasty Warriors that they just don't know what to think when they see a game like Nioh or Ninja Gaiden being played at mastery level.
In their mind, it's just a simple button masher, when it's anything but.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Well, this isn't a game itself, but I'm guessing its for the next "Tales of" game, but I thought Tales of Arise was suppose to be the next game.

Interesting premise. Given that Arise hasn't come out yet, I wonder what this is suppose to be for.

EDIT: Oh, its some mobile garbage.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

EDF6 new trailer

Also Global Defense Force and EDF 2017 are coming to switch
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/ ... _this_year
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

So, what do you think on Samurai Warriors 5 so far?

Does it hold up to OPPW4?
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Iwazaru wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:19 am So, what do you think on Samurai Warriors 5 so far?

Does it hold up to OPPW4?
I only played the Demo, It's fucking trash.
Nobunaga is not evil any more. Real life Nobunaga was like Saddam Hussein (They're both Pro-Western despots, but the West themselves always spread propaganda about them.) but they turned him into an animu shonen faggot. I'm really gonna miss the Oda who had this badass track as his bgm. It made him sound like the Evil God King that he actually was. This motherfucker would drink the blood of those he conquered. Even the Europeans Christcucks of his era would label Oda as some heretic who blasphemed Christianity just by simply existing.

Real life samurai collected heads, The og SW1 & 2 felt like badass superhero versions of despotic samurai.
SW5 turned Oda into a heroic animu hero, and not a cool amoral one like Luffy.

SW5 does have Great music though.

The music sounds like Yoshida Brothers, which was the type of sound that I felt SW should've went with from the start.

My fave style is stil SW2, because SW2 looked like a Japanese version of Mortal Kombat, lol. Everyone looked like sexy ninjas. (I'm talking about oldschool MK here, not modern day SJW Mortal Kombat. The MK that I grew up was sexy as hell.)

SW2 still has the most badass OST imo.

Again, it sounds like mothafucking 90s-2000s era Mortal Kombat, lol.

I really miss the Mortal Kombat music from the original SW games.

Not a single one of these Musou games are as good as Pirate Warriors 4. SW5, Age of Calamity, Fire Emblem Warriors, they all play like generic musou shit. I don't even understand why they rebooted SW with SW5 when SW4 was actually popular & well-received. All they really did with the reboot is added in way more story so now it flows more like a Kessen game.

I play PW4 every once in a while to remind myself why I think it's good since I can't stand any other Musou that came out last year & this year, except for PW4.
What I immediately see is that PW4 looks like pure chaos. You're fighting against armies of giants who actually feel like giants. Musou Orohi had giants, but they were light as a feather.
In PW4, you'll barely do damage to a giant and you're actually forced to gang up on them. Which makes it even harder coz in some treasure maps, you'll fight off against armies of giants, forcing you to go into full burst mode just to weaken one of them enough to do some chip dmg.
It doesn't feel tedious or anything though, because like Monster Hunter, you do visible dmg to the giants. THey start kneeling, and running away from you once you've actually put a dent in them.

Pirate Warriors 4 is great because it revolves around this back & forth where you're trying to destroy each others' conqueror's haki, or in other words, their morale/swagger/charisma, which is represented through a shield that protects you from dmg.

Every other Musou game, you're just repetitively button mashing until the enemy lifebar is depleted. There isn't a special way to defeat them like there is in PW4.
Age of Calamity sorta tried to implement conqueror's haki through a shield bar that must be depleted through special runes, but it just feels like some shit ass Rock, Paper, Scissors bullshit. Once you find the right rune to use, you'll just spam that rune until their guard is down and then instant kill them with a cinematic.

At least in PW4, when the conqueror's haki is down, that just gave you an opening to do some massive damage on them, but you didn't get an instant kill cinematic like AOE does.
Another thing that's way better about PW4 is that everyone is flying & running on air, or jump really high & fast & shit. PW4 is fucking chaotic and feels just like the anime it's based off of.

SW5 still has hyper combos from SW4, but it feels much slowerr, and you're no longer floating above ground & supersonic speed. Everything feels slower since SW5 is trying to be more realistic for some reason. Honda Tadakatsu used to be a 7foot tall monster, now he's like 5'6 or something, if Oda is more like 5'10-6'1, Oda was 6-3-6'5 in the previous games.
I loved the Spanish Conquistador Lord Vampire of SW1=4. Now he's just some boring lovable Jrpg hero, istead of that despotic pragmatic killer that he was in previous installments.

Lady No looks like Inahime now. Which isn't a bad thing, Ina is hot. What made No stand out for me in previous installments is that she looked like a Hiphop video hoe, dressed up as a Japanese geisha or some kind of huge titty mamasan.

I'm glad I'm on the Switch, otherwise I'd be wasting my money on trash games like Ys 9 or SW5, since those types of games are the closest you'll get to the core Japanese-gaming experience.

Thing is though, they ain't got shit on Nintendo. I said all that anti-Nintendo shit in this thread but apparently, I never owned a true Nintendo game until Mario All Stars which I bought in November 2020 I think.
Stuff like Xenoblade 2 is good, but it still feels like something you'd see on a Gaystation.
Fire Emblem is good, but it feels like a game made for portable systems.
Daemon X Machina, Astral CHain & Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 are all good, but still feel like shit you'd see on a Gaystation, or PC.

Then you finally get your hands on Mario 3d World, Skyward Sword, Monster Hunter Rise & the like. It really makes you realize just how much on another level Nintendo games are at.
Skyward Sword feels like the true sequel to Ninja Gaiden 1 (supreme combat, supreme level design, very atmospheric world), that NG never had coz even Itagaki didn't know what he was doing with the sequels.
I got me BOTW again, and while on first impressions it does feel a lot like an Ubisoft game.
What makes BOTW so damn good though is that it feels even more like a simulation game than the Shenmue games do. The actual combat really isn't that bad either depending on the region you're fighting at.
BOTW has typical button mashy combat like a musou, but there's still a lot more planning going on in a BOTW due to the physics based combat that you don't really see anywhere outside of GTA 5.

If you really digging Pirate Warriors 4, you're better off just playing God Eater 3, which feel kinda like a cross between PW4 & Xenoblade 2, once you get to the post game. You're constantly flying through the air like PW, and the combat revolves around team synergy like XB2.
I didn't like GE3 at first, but it's a pretty fun game once you get the combat flow down.

It turns out that God Eater is a very descriptive name coz that's exactly what you're supposed to do in GE.
You're supposed to devour pieces of the Gods you fight, so you can gain a taste of their power for a short amount of time. When you've devoured a piece of the gods, this opens up your movesets and allows you to do special moves that add special effects to your attacks and will sometimes add new moves into your moveset. Kinda like Street Fucker 5's V-trigger.
Your overall goal in GE3 is to keep your burst level at max 3, through constant devouring of the Gods.

It's amusing how you have such a symbiotic relationship with the enemies you kill, because you wouldn't be strong enough to kill them, if you didn't take bites out of them like a mosquito would to a human.
GE3 also has Full Burst mode, but in GE3, this is when you form a golden link with another player from your crew, and you share each others' energy that you're both sapping from the gods, just to take the god down.

In PW4, full burst is just when you have a Super Saiyan style aura around you which can lead to regen effects or whatever the hell you've customized your character with.

Samurai Warriors 5 allows you to customize your moves like PW4, but I only played the trash demo so I have no idea how deep it goes. I was bored out of my fucking mind with the combat & story though, so I don't think I'm buying it?
Why would I when I'm on Switch and we have shit like SMT5, Pokemon Legends (It's an openworld Action rpg), Metroid Dread coming out? Hopefully we're getting Toilet Princess HD this year.
Skyward Sword has turned me into a Zelda fan.
The irony is that I've owned every single Zelda except for Wind Waker, TP & SS, but it wasn't until SS that Zelda finally clicked with me.

I think the other issue is that up until Nov 2020, I was still mostly a Playstation gamer in spirit. Which is why I preffered the Xenoblade series over Zelda, whereas now I'm firmly in the Zelda camp.
What I like way more about Zelda, is that there's plenty of ways to solve conflicts in Zelda games just through the environment alone. I've noticed this in both SS & BOTW.
In something more normal like Xenoblade/XB2, the only way to solve problems are either through text boxes or combat.

In BOTW, there's 100s of ways to solve the THeive's guild or Hyrule Castle.
I tried beating the THeives by Tenchu'ing my way through it, then I eventually just got angry enough that I picked up their fucking bananas and threw it at them.
To my surprise, they ran straight after the banana, which gives you a window of opportunity to either run away or Tenchu stealth kill them by running right behind them.

In Skyward Sword, almost every dungeon I've played so far has had an out of the box way to solve the levels which didn't involve talking or combat. Most of the time, it required me to make full use of my items, or discover the entire level for secret places i may need to bomb, or hidden areas that I have to survey through my drones.

That's what makes Nintendo games different. They don't want you to solve problems in a forced formalic way that 98% of the rest of the industry does.
Nintendo wants you to get creative and use the tools you have to overcome adversity. Sure, you could always just brute force your way if you wish, but there's always an easier much more rewarding way to beat Zelda that rewards you for your intelligence & out of the box thinking. I can def see why Nintendo has such a fanatical fanbase.

No other devs I know make games like this. Valve sorta did, back when they made games, but even they just fall into the talk or kill everything camp since a lot times like Half Life or Portal, yeah there's puzzles to solve but you still get a cutscene that shows the characters solving the problem.

It ain't like in a Zelda game where you have to dig through hols for air chutes so you can glide to higher ground, and then you drop off of a ledge Classic Tomb Raider style, to skivvy across cliffs, then make a leap of faith into the vines as you race to the next stamina bubble before you fall to your death.
There's so much going on in Nintendo games, that they make the rest of their compettition look like a joke.

I wish I could still get into stuff like Ys or Samurai Warriors, but they just feel so devoid of gameplay when you've been feasting on Nintendo produce for most of the year.

Capcom are like one of the only companies who can make games up to Nintendo's level, but it's mostly due to how Cap are the masters of combat. Crapcom won't be able to come up with complex solutions to adversity the same way that Nintendo does, but Crapcom is so refined when it comes to combat that stuff such as Monster Hunter, have so many layers upon layers of systems you need to understand, that put it on the same level as a Zelda game.

Back to PW4. PW4 is fucking great because the combat itself, feels like a puzzle. This element is lost in non-One Piece musou games. Although the Zelda Musous try to have their own version of OP's conqueror's haki.
Zelda's attempt feels shallow in comparison since it's really more a rock, paper, scissors game rather than some rhythm-based transition of power & battle of the wiles like it is in OP.
PW4 is fun as fuck to me, because the entire combat flow revolves around you breaking your enemies' confidence in themselves.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Real life samurai collected heads, The og SW1 & 2 felt like badass superhero versions of despotic samurai.
SW5 turned Oda into a heroic animu hero, and not a cool amoral one like Luffy.
I also was surprised how "kind and easy" Oda looks and talks in SW5. Especially after noticing how in japanese entertainment Nobunaga is usually demonic tyran.

Remember him being badass in Yotoden / Wrath of Ninja.
games like Ys 9 or SW5
Is Ys 9 worse than previous Ys? I played demo of it too and felt a bit bored. Only interesting sections were bosses (not even mid-bosses). Though i appreciated that combat was responsive and fast, and i joked that Ys9 feels more "action" than most action games today, lol. However i also felt that it was mostly about abusing "last moment evade/parry" for slow-motion time and spamming "abilities" after recharge. Also "movement" options that seems to be a new thing with IX (wallrunning, gliding in air etc.) felt underwhelming and no use other than in specific map places which hinted what to use like player is stupid.

Played Cold Steel 3 demo after ys9 one, and while ToCS made me cringe and i skipped half of narrative scenes, at least it kinda surprised me as having many different mechanics for turn-based jrpg, more than Atlus or SquEnix games usually have (NB: i never played any Trails games, so ive no idea how these series progressed). Even ended up with several game overs until i understood how to deal with certain situation, ha ha.
If you really digging Pirate Warriors 4, you're better off just playing God Eater 3, which feel kinda like a cross between PW4 & Xenoblade 2, once you get to the post game.
Haven't played PW4 yet actually, just remembered you mentioning it as most polished and well-made musou game out there. Interesting what you say about God Eater. Me - as many, i think - alwats thought about it as "just animoo monhun".
Samurai Warriors 5 allows you to customize your moves like PW4, but I only played the trash demo so I have no idea how deep it goes.
Well, i now completed the demo. There were not much "specials" to choose from. One of them for Nobunaga reminded me of Dogma's helm splitter that strikers have. From what i saw, special moves were either attacks (like rain of arrows for No) or buffs/supplementary (speed up, attack up, replenish musou gauge). Do i understand right that in PW4 specials are more unique per character and provide strong difference to gameplay? In SW5 demo they felt more like those skills in ys9. With a difference that in Ys skills have different characteristics like whether they are AoE or not, stun/break infliction chance etc. etc. Or so i thought.