"Inclusivity is an ongoing education for everyone, and nothing is set in stone." - Tim Schafer
Fun fact: God of War is on sale right now, but the SJWs are trying to stop it!

Moderators: WhereGamingDies, Airport51

melonbread
Spiral Smile

Re: PC Gaming Paradise!

Post by melonbread »

Krizzx wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:55 pm
Serious Sam is mad boring to me. Its run and shoot and shoot and run all the time. It tried to take on Duke Nukem, but its a pale imitation at best. The game is so mindless and corny. Also, I got sick of the endless screaming bomb runners. I knew a dude from Russia in college who absolutely loved that shit. Like it was one of the best games ever made. Its just a shallow, mindless gun game to me.
Me:

You:

".ᴎoiꙅivɘ|ɘƚ ᴎɒʜƚ ᴎuᎸ ɘɿom ɘɿɒ ꙅɿoɿɿim"
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Serious Sam is not like other FPS games. It INVENTED hordes.
I don't see how that's possible when Doom 1 always had hordes, just play it on Ultra Nightmare. Levels are so over populated with enemies that most of the enemies actually kill each other in Ultra Nightmare just to try to kill you.

That's what I really love about Ion Fury, it has the same exact philosophy of positioning yourself to get the enemies to gun each other down coz there's way too many enemies on screen at a time.
Doom 2016 was only successful because it adopted things from Sam and Sam 4's strengths come from things it adopted from modern Doom.
Such as? I thought Doom 2016 was an ok game during the first playthrough, but there's no reason to replay it since it's not even hard (the hardest default setting is a joke. The unlocked highest difficulty setting is just an Ironman mode.), and it revolves around QTE executions which, while the animations themselves are fast, it slows the combat down when compared to classic Doom.

I also don't like how basic Doom 2016's shooting is. Basic gunplay worked for Classic Doom coz they made up for it with great level design & enemy placement. Doom 2016 just throws you into an arena and randomly spawns waves at you, which is really fucking boring.
I find it funny that Ninja Gaiden 3 was (deservedly) crucified for this style of level design, but Doom 2016 gets a free pass. It makes no sense to me, coz the Classic Doom games actually feel more like dungeon crawlers, due to the labyrinth design of classic fps games.

I understand the need for modernizing that, but in its place are the super linear Nu-Doom games which do nothing but show off how primitive Doom's gunplay always was. Like seriously, I'd rather be playing Call of Duty, coz at least COD's gunplay is above basic, lol.
If you're going to make a game revolve around its combat, then the combat needs to be as well developed as Rogue Company or Rainbow Six, where any well-timed or placed shot can end you in a split second. There's a tension to tactical fps combat that classic FPS just doesn't have.

Classic FPS only works when it has good level design & enemy placement to mask how shitty & basic the gunplay is. Resident Evil 4 has really shitty gunplay when compared to RE6, but RE4 is generally regarded as a much better game precisely due to the much better level design & enemy placement which made RE4 felt more hectic than it actually is coz the enemy placement was designed with a Killer7 style focus of knowing when to run away.

RE6 has the 2nd best shooting I've ever seen from a Turd-Person shooter. (2nd only to Max Payne 3.)
You'd never guess though coz the actual level designs suck. The level designs revolve around you running from point a to point b. The enemies just randomly spawn and the levels have no identity of their own. It's all background noise. RE6 has the worst & most boring campaigns that I've ever played through. It's sad coz it's not until Mercenaries that you finally understand how good the gunplay is, coz Mercenaries is the only mode that actually forces you to learn the combat. The actual campaign just thinks it's Uncharted, and Uncharted sucks AYY LMAO!
Uncharted as good multiplayer though. Rogue Company basically feels like UC MP, but without the bland Uncharted cast.
Sam is the best and its brand of insanity and self-aware absurdism is very in tune with Suda's style. Don't sleep on it.
I'm not a fan of Suda's gameography of garbage outside of KTP, lol. Killer7 was great. All of his other games? MEH!
K7 was interesting, it's presented like a FPS but it revolved around precise shooting, similar to a light gun game, or the RE4-RE6 trilogy. K7 felt more hectic coz you had to make all your shots count or you get hit, unless you run away in time.
The reason it sound like Duke Nukem 3D is because the makers of Duke Nukem 3D created it.
I know that, and it's actually better. I don't understand how the hell you can think it's so bad when the first level was balls to the wall crazy ass fast-paced action
Ugh... Ion Fury. Its the prequel to bombshell. A game I was looking forward to during its development, because it was made by the Duke Nukem creators. Its was suppose to star the scrapped blond bimbo sidekick chick Duke was suppose to have in the original Duke Nukem.
Yeah I'm well aware of that. It why I was talking about how I preferred the character design she had before Ion Fury.
I was expecting something Duke Nukem-ish. What I got was a bland isometric shooters that is packed to the brim with hardcore feminist SJW misandry. Nothing like a game that actively insults the players for playing it nonstop.
Most isometric shooters are garbage anyway. The only good one I played was Ruiner. (It's way better than overrated Hotline Miami.) Could you explain what made that other Shelly game misandrist though? I mean besides SHelly's ugly ass SJW hair in that game, AYY LMAO! I know that Ion Fury isn't misandrist, it legit feels like a better Duke Nukem 3d. Especially when compared to that 20th anniversary trash. Shooters are way better when you actually have reloading, because it prevents you from just shooting nonstop. 9 times out of 10 when I get killed in an online shooter, it was coz I was reloading. It's actually why I generally use shotguns or single shot rifles so I train myself to make the most out of one shot, but sometimes you need to go with an automatic if all of your opponents are using SMGs.

ION Fury is suppose to be a prequel to it. I played the demo on GOG. Its alright. Its using an enhanced version of the Duke Nukem 3D engine, but its no, Duke Nukem 3D. The feminist bullshit just kills it for me. It didn't seem to be so bad ION Fury itself, but its already ingrained in my mind. After getting fucked with Bombshell, I'm not really interested in anything else featuring the character.
Dude play it on the hardest setting, it feels just like good ol Doom & Duke, but way better due to modernized enhancements, such as the need to actually reload. Ion Fury actually feels more like a Shadow Warrior game, because it expands upon what Duke 3d did. What made Duke good was the level design & enemy encounter placement, not the gunplay. Gunplay wise, Ion Fury is way better coz it actually compares well to modern shooters. Modern shooters have better shooting, but worse everything else. Thankfully for Ion Fury, the level design is just as tight & compact as Duke with enemy placement that feels just as claustrophobic. You finally get room to breed once you kill of entire populations of the planet that are stuffed inside of these levels.

The actual gameplay of Ion Fury is better than Duke 3d, but I of course prefer Duke as a main character. Bombshell is fucking bland, even though some of the shit she says is funny. Some of the jokes I don't really get though, coz I ain't a woman.
She has this one liner talking about going down on quarterbacks. (As in sucking them off.) It sounds funny, due to how she says it, but Like how the fuck am I supposed to relate to that? It doesn't matter to me though, it's prob how crass, Duke comes off to a female, maybe. Actually I kinda doubt it. A girl would be like, "I wish he were doing me", lol. While Bombshell is a fairly attractive woman, her original design was way better. She was basically the human version of classic Tawna from crash Bandicoot. OG Shelly was Kelly Bundy, or Ivanka Trump (that kike bitch walks into a government courthouse with her tits protruding out of her shirt, lol. So 80s!)

I don't see anything misandrist at all. Believe me, I would know (coz I complain about White Progressive people all the time, lol.) bout that shit, coz it's exactly why I skipped Outer Worlds. In Outer Worlds, I laughed that the final boss was some lame Hillary Clinton chick, and it wasn't even a parody. It doesn't help that most of the cast is female and they all act like men.

What cracks me up is that Outer Worlds is made by the same Troika team who did Vampire Bloodlines, yet they couldn't be any more different. Outer Worlds was the game that they always wanted to make while they were doring Bloodlines. That's weird to me, coz Bloodlines has great art design, music, and damn near everything. I consider it as timeless as the original Deus Ex. Sure Bloodlines may seem kinda dated, coz everything is extremely edgy & sexy, but I don't understand why we moved away from that. I do not like the modern era western game where everyone looks average. I don't fucking look average, so why would I want to play as an avg looking dork? I want to play as a badass like Long Wang or Duke Nukem.

Ion Fury is nothing like Outer Worlds. I thought it was actually making fun of Feminazis.

It was basically just 80s action movie, even down to the final boss being some lame politician/cult leader type. It just stars a woman instead, but she feels more like an Americanized Classic Lara Croft, rather than any modernized Feminazi. I've always loved the original Lara croft coz she's actually funny, but she was also bigger than the average man. I could believe that Lara Croft was the main character of her game coz she was generally the same size as most men or bigger. (She was officially 5'11 or 6', until they downgraded her to 5'9 with the PS2 series, where she's still as big as a man. Then we get to the Uncharted Tomb Raider bullshit where she's a 5'5 waif, that's always crying & whining, lol. Nu-Lara was supposed to be a better idol for women, yet she represents everything that I hate about women.
I hate how Women are always fucking complaining about something, LOL! Nu-Lara actually feels more like a negative female stereotype than OG Lara did.

I actually respected OG Lara, sure she was good looking, but she was competent, & witty. Like a female Indianna Jones & James Bond. She was as big as them too. It really annoys me that haters only focused on Lara's big tits, not even realizing that she's just big in general, lol. She'd tower over most Mexican men at least, but who doesn't? Even I do, ayy lmao!

In Ion Fury, I do laugh that the main character is a girl, but at least they didn't make her super strong. She doesn't even have a melee attack, so you have to waste your time switching to her tonfa.
Shelly is fairly believable since she seems to at least be 5'7 or 5'8, which is big enough to be a threat to a man. (Unlike tiny ass Nu-Lara) Shelly also makes up for her lack of size by using weapons instead of bare fists & boots. That's the one thing that I miss from Duke Nukem 3d. I miss just running up to people, mindlessly shooting them and then just kick them to death once I finally get into range.

Shelly's melee fucking sucks, coz it just stuns the enemy, but I believe that's by design to make Shelly look more believable. She's not a Goliath super human like Duke, she's just a trained policeman, but still nowhere near as trained in the art of war as Long Wang is. Long Wang isn't a goliath super human, but he was always believable coz he's some wannabe Ninja dork with a Chinese name and he dresses like some Yakuza from the 80s and even has the same exact taste in 80s American music, lol.

Shelly is really fucking boring when compared to those two, since the only thing I can say about her that makes her stand out is that she's a girl. She's definitely the least interesting protagonist, but her actual game is easily in the top 3 of build games. I'd personally put Ion Fury at 1, but if peeps preferred Blood, then I wouldn't blame them. Blud still damn good.
Duke Nukem 3d is still good, but I'm not one of those people who always prefers the OG, coz the OG always feels outdated in comparison to later games. (The exception being Ninja Gaiden. NG3 feels way more outdated than Ninja Gaiden. Ninja Gaiden Black actually feels modern due to the recent Dork Souls trend, that ripped off what NG1 did.)
I like Duke way more over Doom for the same exact reason. Doom is really dated when compared to Duke3d. I prefer Blood over both. Ion Fury is at the same level with Blood & better than Duke & Shadow Warrior.

Speaking of which, that's why I don't really like Nu-Doom. It feels fucking outdated when compared to the Nu-Shadow Warriors games. Nu-Shadow Warriors games actually feel closer to Classic Shadow Warriors & Ion Fury when it comes to the gunplay, but the actual level design fucking sucks.
I just don't think it's as bad as modern Doom level design. They're both really linear & arena based, but Doom 2016 is even more linear. Eternal seems to be the same shit.
Ion Fury is way better than both, coz it's basically Duke3d with modernish gunplay. It lacks iron sights, but that's about it. Play Brutal Doom or Nu-Shadow Warrior to see why Iron sights deserve a place in these style of games. Speaking of, Brutal Doom kicks the shit out of Doom 2016, no contest!

Serious Sam is mad boring to me. Its run and shoot and shoot and run all the time. It tried to take on Duke Nukem, but its a pale imitation at best. The game is so mindless and corny. Also, I got sick of the endless screaming bomb runners. I knew a dude from Russia in college who absolutely loved that shit. Like it was one of the best games ever made. Its just a shallow, mindless gun game to me.
Hence the "You're not Slavic enough to get Serious Sam" comment lol! I don't doubt it's true coz it really does come off like a game that Slav squatters would make. I'm more into the Japanese Zen style of badassery (Killer7) or American badassery (Duke Nukem).
I've never played Sam, but it does look boring to me coz everything looks too spaced & far a part. I'll get it when it's on sale. Sam looks to be in the same tier as The Painkiller games. Gud games, but not masterpieces that deserve Duke 3d's throne. Ion Fury is Duke's bitch who gives him sloppy blowjobs.
I like classic style FPS coz they have great enemy placement. There's always someone around the corner, or gangs of goons who jump you from behind. You always have to be on your toes until you kill everyone and then get stuck on the level coz you can't find the fucking card, lol.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Yeah, they toned it down a whole bunch of notches in Ion Fury. Bomshell, though, oozes contempt for men. Even during the dev period, her character description was basically hatred for Duke Nukem and everything like him. Her character story is awful as well. She suffers from typical Mary Sue syndrome, meaning she has no depth or nuance beyond being a "strong female." All the men are incompetent and they need "strong woman" to save them.

One of her weapons is called the personal missle system. a.k.a. PMS

That review pretty much nailed it. Though, looking at it, I guess I'll give Ion Fury another run. Seems to be pretty well received.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Biomutant looks awesome. RIght up my alley. Crimson Desert looks alright. I'm tired of medieval and viking games, though.

I'm really not feeling the Gothic Remake. Pirahna Bytes isn't working on it. That was tried before and it was awful. If Elex 2 is coming out, though, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Woah. The Mass Effect 5 trailer was released 3 weeks ago, and i didn't even know until to day. Lol. Just shows how far it has fallen in popularity.

Also, Gotham Knights, which I'm guessing is a sequel to Arkham Knight, but eh.

Now this looks interesting. A 3rd person shooter RPG. Or at least I'm guessing its an RPG

They are making a Syberia 4...I thought 3 was suppose to be the end.

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

LMAO! This trailer is the best thing I've seen at E3 so far.

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

I've been playing the Pathfinder games for like the past month. I beat Kingmaker. It was alright. Wrath of the Righteous is on another level, though. When its not glitching, that is.

If you ever play them, an important thing to remember is that no matter how similar Pathfinder is to D&D. Pathfinder is NOT D&D.

Kingmaker was apparently more loyal to the tabeltop rules, but what that meant was that it was completely unforgiving(here's looking at you swarms). You had to squeeze every drop of stats out it that you could, and there were a lot of broken enemies as well as broken fights. It also had absurd load times at times.

WOTR is more video game friendly. Better performance, when its not glitching. The whole mythic path things is awesome. I'm actually thinking about playing through the whole game again, because the mythic paths completely change how the whole game plays out. Next I will probably play lich, because it has the most companions and the most divergent story. Demon is also seems good, from what I read, it would basically be along the same lines as the path I chose, the Azata, only with me making the more evil choices. If you have a gaming PC, I definitely recommend Wrath of the Righteous.

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/elde ... l-20220316

Man, I'm glad I read about this. Now I know better than to use multiplayer. Why do motherfuckers like this have to ruin shit.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

I don't know what I was expecting. Its basically Fallout in space design wise. I figured with how secretive it was, it would be a huge shift in design, but its basically a tweaked version of the Fallout 4 engine and looks like Fallout 4. Even reusing animations and whatnot. Doesn't look bad. I was still play it, but they've basically been using this same game engine for over 20 years at this point.

melonbread
Spiral Smile

Post by melonbread »

Looks mad boring to me.
".ᴎoiꙅivɘ|ɘƚ ᴎɒʜƚ ᴎuᎸ ɘɿom ɘɿɒ ꙅɿoɿɿim"