Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

CENSORED
BANNED

Wonderful 101 coming to Switch, PS4 and Steam

Post by CENSORED »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pl ... remastered
Platinum games is running a kikescammer to port Wonderful 101 to modern platforms
I was always interested in playing this, though I never got the chance (I do own a WiiU, I just never happened to buy the game) has any of you played this? Is it as good as they say? It is always being paraded online as the best Platinum game that noone played
Iwazaru
qishmish

Re: Wonderful 101 coming to Switch, PS4 and Steam

Post by Iwazaru »

Game looks too weird even for me, lmao.

Toy figurine looking superheroes (or anti?) fight back evil (or good?) in isometric view! this is something...
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
wiregrind
Camellia Smile

Post by wiregrind »

Platinum games generally have a learning curve where you start getting good at the game by the final chapter, and when you start a new game you play completely differently. Happened to me with Vanquish and Bayonetta. W101 looks stupid on the surface but it's probably hardcore, like Viewtiful Joe, it's amazing on hard difficulties. I missed the WiiU generation (like a lot of people) so I'll get it for sure when it comes out for switch.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

I had it on the Wii U. Its basically Vietiful Joe fused with Pikmin. A lot is going to be lost by not having the touchscreen gamepad, though, since that is what it was designed for. I wonder if the Nintendo themed mini games are still going to be allowed in it on the other platforms.
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Krizzx wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:00 pm I had it on the Wii U. Its basically Vietiful Joe fused with Pikmin. A lot is going to be lost by not having the touchscreen gamepad, though, since that is what it was designed for. I wonder if the Nintendo themed mini games are still going to be allowed in it on the other platforms.
So I would be better off just hunting down the wiiU version? I'd have to buy it online since no store ever carried the game here. What exactly is the touchpad used for? I looked up some videos but without any tactile interaction with it it's hard to tell.
One of the reasons why I hated using my wiiU was that the touchpad was so cumbersome, and the battery drained by itself when you weren't using it so I'd basically have to keep it permanently hooked up to a power source whenever I decided to play a game on it as if it weren't inconvenient enough already, some games that didn't even need the touchpad (such as bayonetta) still required you to turn on the game through the touch pad only to then turn it off lmao, which meant waiting for the fucking thing to charge only to not use it and have it drain its battery again by the next day
wiregrind wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:23 pm Platinum games generally have a learning curve where you start getting good at the game by the final chapter, and when you start a new game you play completely differently. Happened to me with Vanquish and Bayonetta. W101 looks stupid on the surface but it's probably hardcore, like Viewtiful Joe, it's amazing on hard difficulties. I missed the WiiU generation (like a lot of people) so I'll get it for sure when it comes out for switch.
That is definetly the case and while most Platinum Games don't really hold a candle to genre classics and some of them are actual trash I keep hearing W101 is some hidden gem and possibly their best game. I really like Bayonetta and Vanquish (I only played through Bayo2 once and I don't remember much about it for the reasons I outlined earlier, I can't be arsed to even turn on the WiiU because it's such an inconvenient console to use), I liked MGR and Nier Automata all right and didn't really care for the rest of their catalog, though recently I have been playing 3d action games pretty much exclusively so I would welcome a change in the formula and W101 looks pretty original gameplay-wise
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

There were alread basic controls in place for those who used a Wii U Pro controller, there are some things that just can't be properly replicated, though. You select weapon and do special attack by drawingsymbols and design on the gamepad. You can still trace them with an analog, but its no where near as effective. There is also the puzzle that required you to use two screen at onces.

Knowing them, they'll probably add some content to the update, aside from 1080p. So, heck, might as well get the new one. Some of the bossfights are hard ass fuck on there,
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

I got a free copy of this from a friend that backed the project for a switch copy, and got a steam copy due to corona
I'm going to be honest; I feel there is something there to be enjoyed but I cannot figure out how to play this game at all. You can really see it was designed with the wiiU pad in mind, and I'm not sure if it really works without one, or if I just can't get used to the controls and interface because they're so fucking weird. More often than not I cannot see enemies on the field, and I have no idea where my hitboxes are. Like I understand I'm not supposed to get my citizens hit, but does that mean I should only use the dodge to move and never just reposition myself? Because it's impossible to avoid them being hit, simply by moving the main hero.
Using the right stick to switch weapons feels clunky to me, in that the figures work maybe four times out of five but I could chalk that up to my inexperience. Though I can't see the value in making weapon switching a skill in and of itself, when in other games it happens at the press of a button.
I also get very confused when the screen switches (again I'm assuming that was a double screen thing.)
and even just zooming the camera in or out seems only to work occasionally.
I can't figure out if I'm just old and too used to other 3d action games to properly enjoy it, or if the game really is just that clunky lol. I do see people on youtube playing the game properly and it does look fun but I can't get into it at all and I don't know if I can spend the six or so hours necessary just to learn how to play the game itself
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Sounds about like what I'd expect. A Wii U game without the Wii U Gamepad. It really removes a lot from the game functionally.

As far as combat goes. Its kind of like Pikmin. More people means bigger attack radius. Then there is the weapon type.

There are abilities you can by in the store to enhance your defensive capabilities, like this one that lets you hit R to turn into a spring and bounce around which makes dodge a lot easier. Until you get those is pretty much play safe and kill quickly. You can use the analog to make all your character run to one side of the other to dodge things. How fast they did I think depends on your battery charge. I think if you hold one of the shoulder button and use the analog, it will make them move faster at the cost of burning way more energy.